Body work started

ofracer
Administrator
I've been slowly repairing the bonnet of the Spitfire after the Fall Festival. Off to Brions soon for finishing.
Mike H
63 Triumph Spitfire

Re: Body work started

289 cobra
Looking nice Mike.  Are you going to sand that yourself or have Brion's do it?

Jim

Re: Body work started

ofracer
Administrator
That was an old injury, on top of another one. I had Brion finish it up. (again)

mike

On Sun, Oct 29, 2017 at 6:17 PM, 289 cobra [via Historic Race Group] <[hidden email]> wrote:
Looking nice Mike.  Are you going to sand that yourself or have Brion's do it?

Jim

http://historic-race-group.1113850.n5.nabble.com/Body-work-started-tp15p60.html
To start a new topic under Pictures and Video, email [hidden email]
To unsubscribe from Historic Race Group, click here.
NAML

Mike H
63 Triumph Spitfire

Re: Body work started

289 cobra
Mike,

I finally got around to pulling the motor on the MGB from when it seized at the July Sprints.  Lots of copper in the oil pan.  Everything looks solid, cannot see anything broken.  My guess is at least one main bearing seized and locked the crank when I turned the motor off.  Will be tearing it down soon.

Jim

Re: Body work started

ofracer
Administrator
Well that's pretty good news, Check the thrust washer.

mike

http://historic-race-group.1113850.n5.nabble.com/Body-work-started-tp15p62.html